There are very few things we appreciate about summer in the south (hello, heat and humidity!), but summer peaches? We all love them! They are fragrant, juicy, not too sweet, and not too tart — basically the perfect summer fruit.
But what would happen if you grilled summer peaches? And then added a drizzle of what amounts to pesto guacamole? Hint – it tastes as gorgeous as it sounds.
This recipe will give you all the benefits of peaches as mentioned below;
One cup of diced peach Trusted Source, or 168 g, provides;
- 5 calories
- 53 g of protein
- 42 g of fat
- 0 g of cholesterol and sodium
- 16 g of carbohydrate
- 10 g of sugar
- 52 g of fiber
Health benefits of peaches include;
Reducing cancer risk
Peaches provide a significant amount of vitamin C. This vitamin is a powerful antioxidant that can help prevent the formation of free radicalsTrusted Source, which are compounds that have links to cancer development.
Preserving skin health
Research suggestsTrusted Source that regularly consuming vitamin C can improve the appearance and health of the skin. This powerful antioxidant plays a vital roleTrusted Source in forming collagen. Collagen acts as the support system for the skin, promoting wound healing and enhancing skin strength.
Contributing to fiber intake
A cup of diced peaches contains 2.52 g of fiber. The USDA recommends 22.4-28.0 g per day for female adults and 30.8-33.6 g each day for male adults, meaning that this serving size can provide at least 7.5% of a person’s recommended daily fiber intake. Fiber-rich foods provide a range of important health benefits. They can protect the health of the colon, support weight management on a long-term basis, and reduce the risk of several harmful health conditions.
These health conditions include cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, and several cancers, including colorectal cancer and lung cancer. A person could significantly boost their fiber intake by replacing sweet, low fiber treats with a peach or two every day. The benefits of consuming fruits and vegetables are considerable. As plant food consumption increases, the risk of many lifestyle-related diseases, including obesity, diabetes, and heart disease, reduces.
Iron is a vital component of hemoglobin, which helps the blood transport oxygen throughout the body. Without enough hemoglobin, a person might experience iron deficiency anemia.
Here is the Grilled Peaches with Basil Aioli recipe for you.
Here are the ingredients you will need to prepare this recipe
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Juice of one lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons water, or to desired consistency
- 4 small peaches, halved, pitted, and peeled
- Avocado oil for brushing
- Preheat grill to 450 degrees F.
- Place garlic, avocado, olive oil, basil, salt, lemon juice, and water in a mini food processor or blender. Process until the aioli is very smooth. If it is too thick, add more water. Set aside.
- Brush the flat side of each peach half with avocado oil.
- Carefully place peaches flat side down on the grill. Cook for only 1-2 minutes, just long enough for them to get grill marks, and to warm through.
- Serve with a judicious drizzle of aioli. (Too much will overpower the peaches.) Serve the rest of the aioli at the table for adding to grilled meats, etc.
Enjoy your grilled peaches with basil aioli.
Share and spread love with this recipe 🙂
Thank you to Autoimmunewellness.com for this wonderful healthy immune boosting recipe.
Love and Light
The Healing Oracle Team
Please join our growing numbers on MeWe: Healing Oracle
Also join us on Twitter | YouTube
Please sign our global petition against enforced vaccinations The intention of this petition is to present 5 million signatures to each President, Prime Minister, Health Minister and heads of state worldwide.
Vaccines are a global problem and need to be tackled on a global level.
If we stand as one, we have a chance of saving the children of the future.