Here it is! A healthy vegan risotto with high protein peas, asparagus, and mint. So perfect! And so good! Served as an entrée or as a side dish, paired with some mixed greens salad, or garlicky greens, this risotto will make you a hardcore fan of black rice.
Here are some incredible health benefits of this recipe!
- Aids in diabetes management
- Aids in digestion
- Are a rich source of antioxidants
- Help manage weight and aid in fat loss
- Enhanced heart health
- Rich source of antioxidants
- Supports a healthy pregnancy
- Helps in controlling high blood pressure
- Nutrient-rich and calorie-deficit food
Let’s see how to make this recipe.
Keep these ingredients handy;
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 cup onion, small dice
- 1 cup short-grain black rice
- 240 ml of sparkling water with 2 drops of vanilla
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup (about 4 to 5 stalks) asparagus cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup frozen (thaw or freshly shucked) peas
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked sea salt
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 2 teaspoon fresh chopped mint
- 2 to 3 tablespoons coconut butter
- Heat a 2-quart saucepot over medium-high heat. Melt the coconut oil, then add the onion, cook until translucent, about 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium, stir in the rice and cook for an additional 2 minutes. This toasts the rice and gives it a wonderful nutty flavor. Pour in the sparkling water and allow it to reduce by half before adding 12 ounces of stock. Stir often and allow the rice to absorb most of the liquid before adding more. Continue cooking the rice, adding the liquid in 4-ounce increments, and remembering to stir often.
- When the rice feels just about fully cooked add the asparagus and continue to cook. At this point, the rice should be thick and creamy. Add the peas, stir to combine, and heat through. Season with the salts, black pepper, and stir in the mint and coconut butter. Serve immediately.
There! Enjoy your vegan Risotto with peas, asparagus, and mint.
Share & spread the word 🙂
Thank you to Behealthynyc.com for this wonderful healthy immune boosting recipe.
Love and Light
The Healing Oracle Team
Please join our growing numbers on MeWe: Healing Oracle
Also join us on Twitter | YouTube
Please sign our global petition against enforced vaccinations The intention of this petition is to present 5 million signatures to each President, Prime Minister, Health Minister and heads of state worldwide.
Vaccines are a global problem and need to be tackled on a global level.
If we stand as one, we have a chance of saving the children of the future.
Keep Us Advertising Free
Healing Oracle is made possible by the support of its readers. If you find the posts and resources useful, please consider making a contribution to support us (in any amount) so we can continue to inform and assist people around the world. We feel that giving a voice to those who have transformed their health, or that of a loved one, with alternative treatment is an important mission. Thank you for valuing our work and helping it to continue.
Donate. Should you choose to kindly donate towards our time and efforts, please use the ‘donations’ box above on the top right hand side (on Desktop), or the donations box below (on Mobile)