The baked divine goodness of muffins is loved by all. However, most delicious muffins don’t really have a vegan substitute.
On that front, we have news for our vegan audience. We bring to you the tasty vegan date muffins recipe. But first, let’s see the healthy side of this sweet goodness!
Health benefits of dates
- Dates have high fiber content that aids in better digestion
- Dates have an excellent nutrition profile and are rich in antioxidants – namely flavonoids, carotenoids, and phenolic acid.
- Promotes brain health through lowering inflammatory markers like IL-6
- Dates contain several minerals, including phosphorus, potassium, calcium, and magnesium. All of these have been studied for their potential to prevent bone-related conditions like osteoporosis
- Dates have the potential to help with blood sugar regulation due to their low glycemic index, fiber, and antioxidants.
Let’s see how to prepare this amazing, anywhere, anytime dessert
Ingredients you’ll need;
- Vegan butter for greasing pan
- 3 ¼ cup flour sifted, plus additional for dusting pan
- 2 cups pitted dates quartered
- 1 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup of sweetener of your choice (Yacon root syrup, Coconut nectar, or Date paste)
- 1 flax egg mix 1 tbsp ground flax seeds with 3 tbsps warm water
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped pecans or other nuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (177 Degree C). Line two cupcake pans with 12 cupcake liners and grease each liner with cooking oil spray; set aside.
- Mix the ground flax seeds with water and set them aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the dates, coconut oil, and boiling water. Set aside to cool, stirring frequently. In a separate bowl, combine the Yacon root syrup/Coconut nectar/Date paste and flax egg; whisk to combine. Add to the date mixture and stir well until combined.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cloves, and nutmeg. Add the date and sweetener mixture and stir just until combined. Stir in the nuts.
- Divide batter between the pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, being careful not to overbake; 25 minutes to 35 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and finish cooling on a rack.
Enjoy every bit of your vegan date muffins!
Share & spread the word 🙂
Thank you to Behealthynyc.com for this wonderful healthy immune boosting recipe.
Love and Light
The Healing Oracle Team
Please join our growing numbers on MeWe: Healing Oracle
Also join us on Twitter | YouTube
Please sign our global petition against enforced vaccinations The intention of this petition is to present 5 million signatures to each President, Prime Minister, Health Minister and heads of state worldwide.
Vaccines are a global problem and need to be tackled on a global level.
If we stand as one, we have a chance of saving the children of the future.