Who doesn’t love a good dip that is both healthy and delicious?
We bring to you a unique recipe that will give you all the health benefits of spinach and artichoke. Not only is this recipe fairly easy to prepare, but it also goes well with most snacks.
Here is the recipe for you!
Keep the following ingredients handy;
- 1 cup water
- 2 fresh artichokes, stems, and top 2″ cut off
- 1 tablespoon solid cooking fat
- ½ onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 ounces spinach, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 cup coconut yogurt
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Place the water in the bottom of your Instant Pot and arrange the artichokes, cut side up on the steaming rack. Close and lock the lid and cook on Manual High Pressure for 12 minutes. When the timer goes off, use the quick release method to release the pressure and allow it to cool. (Alternatively, you could steam your artichokes on the stovetop for about 45 minutes, or until the leaves come off easily).
- While the artichokes are cooking, place the solid cooking fat in the bottom of a skillet on medium heat. When the fat is melted and the pan is hot, add the onions, and cook, stirring, for about 4 minutes, or until translucent. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the spinach in batches and stir until all wilted and cooked, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and transfer to a medium bowl to cool.
- When the artichokes have cooled enough to handle, remove and discard the toughest outer leaves. When you get to the tender leaves, reserve them for eating with the dip later. Work your way until you get to the fuzzy “thistle” part of the artichoke. Cut it in half, top to bottom, and then remove the fuzzy bits from the inside, being careful to preserve as much of the heart (soft inner bits) as possible. Once you have done this for both hearts, mince them and add them to the rest of the vegetables.
- Add the olive oil, lemon juice, coconut yogurt, nutritional yeast, and sea salt, and stir to combine.
There! Your delicious spinach artichoke dip is ready.
Thank you to Autoimmunewellness.com for this wonderful healthy immune-boosting recipe.
Share the recipe, and spread the love!
Love and Light
The Healing Oracle Team
Please join our growing numbers on MeWe: Healing Oracle
Also join us on Twitter | YouTube
Please sign our global petition against enforced vaccinations The intention of this petition is to present 5 million signatures to each President, Prime Minister, Health Minister and heads of state worldwide.
Vaccines are a global problem and need to be tackled on a global level.
If we stand as one, we have a chance of saving the children of the future.