Did you know that parsnips and rosemary are herbs in the same family? Rosemary is often used to season meat, potatoes, and fish. Parsnips have a sweet flavor that goes well with other root vegetables like carrots, beets, and turnips.
The best part about these veggies is that they come with tons of benefits. But, you don’t have to think about just ‘salads’ when you think of ‘health.’
Here, we bring to you, a delicious and crispy recipe for rosemary-garlic parsnip fries with all their goodness intact!
These are the ingredients you’ll require to make these delicious fries (*This will serve four people)
- 4 large parsnips
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt + 2 tablespoons for blanching
- Avocado Oil for frying
Once you have these handy, simply follow these cooking instructions;
- Bring a large pot full of water to a boil with 2 sprigs of rosemary and 2 tablespoons salt.
- Slice the parsnips to be 3 inches in length and ¼ inch in width. Transfer the parsnips into the pot to boil for 5 minutes.
- Strain parsnips and let sit for 5 minutes until no longer dripping with water.
- Pour a little oil into a medium-sized saucepan over low heat.
- Add minced garlic and remaining rosemary and saute for about 2 minutes. Don’t let it brown. Strain and set garlic and rosemary aside.
- Pour enough oil into the pan to fry the parsnips. About ¼ an inch of oil in depth. Heat on medium.
- Fry parsnips for about 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss fries with garlic, rosemary, and desired amount of salt.
Serve these as a side, or feast on them as an afternoon snack.
Stay tuned for more health and wellness recipes.
Share & spread the word!
Thank you to Autoimmunewellness.com for this wonderful healthy immune booting recipe
Love and Light
The Healing Oracle Team
Please join our growing numbers on MeWe: Healing Oracle
Also join us on Twitter | YouTube
Please sign our global petition against enforced vaccinations The intention of this petition is to present 5 million signatures to each President, Prime Minister, Health Minister and heads of state worldwide.
Vaccines are a global problem and need to be tackled on a global level.
If we stand as one, we have a chance of saving the children of the future.