We have talked before about the need for stimulating the lymphatic system, but especially now during these long periods of isolation and quarantine during the coronavirus regime.
People are sitting for longer and moving less. It is now that we need to empower our immune and lymphatic systems to help our bodies stay healthy. This is the best way to fight any virus, Coronavirus included; Stay healthy, stay positive, keep active.
A major part of being healthy and having a good immune system is eating well, exercising and getting regular sunshine.
Since your lymph system has no central pump of its own, these therapies below will provide the stimulus it requires to get it working properly and flowing nicely.
The lymphatic system is part of the immune system and maintains fluid balance and plays a role in absorbing fats and fat-soluble nutrients.
It is a complex drainage or “sewer” system that consists of glands, lymph nodes, the spleen, thymus gland, and tonsils.
It’s role is to cleanse our cells by absorbing excess fluids, fats, and toxins from our tissues and into the blood, where it can eventually be filtered out by the liver and kidneys.
This system is not triggered by some pump (like the blood system). It uses muscle contractions to move around the body. Lymph nodes are another important part of this system. These nodes are essential part of the immune system and they locate, capture and process toxins and other harmful particles.
In cases of infection, the lymph nodes usually become swollen because the body “automatically” transfers back bacteria to the nodes where they need to be eliminated with the help of white blood cells.
It passes through almost all of our tissues to allow for the movement of a fluid called lymph. Lymph circulates through the body in a similar way to blood.
Signs your lymphatic system is clogged
Our lymphatic system is vital, as it aids the removal of toxins, which build up further when blockages occur, which compromises it, sometimes to the point of break down and dysfunction.
The lymphatic system can become slow, thick and congested over some period of time and this can happen for various reasons. In cases like this, the lymph fluid doesn’t move through the body in the way it is supposed to and the body doesn’t process the unwanted particles in the right way. If this flow is not proper, the thick fluid can become a fertile ground for various infections.
A person with a throat infection, for example, may feel that their “glands” are swollen. Swollen glands can be felt especially under the jaw, in the armpits, or in the groin area. These are, in fact, not glands but lymph nodes.Unfortunately, under the coronavirus regime our overall toxic burden caused by stress, loneliness, nutritional deficiencies, and relative inactivity, this system could become polluted.
Can create cancers
Many studies have confirmed that the lymphatic system that is not working properly becomes the main reason of spreading of cancer because cancer cells from a primary tumor can become trapped inside the lymph nodes or lymph vessels or they can even start spreading in opposition to lymph flow because it is congested which ultimately results in secondary tumors.
We do not wish to alarm anyone as there are ways of clearing it (see below), if you suffer from any of the following, it may be a sign your lymphatic system is clogged and needs a cleanse:
- Skin conditions
- Unexplained injuries
- Excess weight or cellulite
- Chronic fatigue
- Swelling in feet or hands
- Sinus infections
- Digestive disorders
- Enlarged lymph nodes Ovarian cysts
- Breast sensitivity
- Swelling in feet or hands
- Frequent allergies
- Water retention
- Unexplained fatigue
- Chronic colds
- Outbreaks of skin tags or moles
- Bloating and gas
- Wrinkled skin
- Autoimmune diseases
As you can see the list is long and it can indicate some other conditions too, so you need to be careful before you jump to conclusions, but if you identify with any of these conditions, you will want to strongly consider incorporating the following 10 factors to help detoxify your lymphatic system.
The good news is that purifying/cleansing the lymphatic system on a daily basis or at least periodically can help the occurrence of cellulite, chronic inflammation, digestive problems, fatty deposits, water retention and degenerative disorders.
One of the easiest, safest, and most profound exercise you can incorporate is rebounding. This is the simple act of lightly bouncing up and down on a “mini trampoline”, which is the perfect movement for stimulating lymph flow, and toning other detoxification organs as well.
You want rebounding as part of your cancer fighting protocol for many reasons. It stimulates the movement of the lymphatic system immediately.
If you have a toxic lymphatic system, the best approach is to start slow on the exercise, and be consistent. Think of the tortoise rather than the hare in the beginning and as you get more energy you can incorporate more vigorous and intense exercise.
If you are inside or have a tighter space then stepping up and down on a step is a good start.
The Five Tibetans, for example is also very good for exercising within a tight space and you can build up the amount of time you take for each exercise as you go.
You may also want to add on some additional body work, you can also consider alternative treatments that can get the lymph flowing.
Using a natural bristle brush, brush your dry skin in a circular motion before showering. Start with your feet and move towards the torso, and do the same from your fingers to the chest. You want to flow in the same direction as your lymph circulates, towards the heart.
This stimulates the lymphatic system into action as well, and helps open up the pores for easier toxin removal (a hot and cold shower after this dry brushing session would be ideal).
Lymph Cleanse Recipe
Dry skin brush for around five minutes during hot bath.
Add one cup of baking soda, one cup of Epsom salts and about 20 drops of grapefruit essential oil to running water.
Soak your body in the hot water for about 30 minutes. Try to stay in a very hot water (as hot as you can stand).
After the procedure is finished, drink about 16 ounces of water (room temperature) with a juice made from half a fresh squeezed lemon.
A lymphatic drainage massage is one easy way to detoxify your lymph system as a skilled practitioner will stimulate circulation and drain fat, fluids, toxins, and other waste products away from your cells for proper elimination.
You may have to arrange a private massage, or you can also order some of the leg massages if you are unable to visit a masseur right now.
Acupuncture, an ancient and effective TCM treatment, also helps open up pathways (meridians) in your body to help stimulate lymph flow and help remove toxins from the body.
Given that access may be limited, an infrared sauna is also an excellent and easy option, as the sweat excreted through your skin can help release the toxic burden on your lymphatic system and allow it to work more effectively.
But a hot and cold shower may have a similar merit to a sauna (during quarantine times). The hot water helps dilate the blood vessels, and the cold contracts them, creating a “pump” action that helps force fluid that may be stagnant in the system.
Caution is required when using this therapy if you have a heart condition, or are pregnant.
Drink adequate amounts of clean water
You’ve heard it before – drink your water! However, I must point out that if you don’t properly source your water, you’re actively adding to your toxic burden by ingesting easily absorbed toxins often present in water such as fluoride, chlorine, VOC’s, and more.
So, ensure you are investing in a filtration system proven to work well, or look to get spring water from an approved source free of these types of contaminants. Then you can safely consume up to half your body weight in ounces of water a day (160 lbs = 80 ounces of water).
Avoid restrictive clothing
It’s important to not wear tight clothing that can cut off proper circulation within the lymphatic system. This can cause blockages to occur and toxins to build up in different areas of the body.
Areas of particular importance where this may occur is bras for women that may be too tight in the axillary lymph node area (armpit area), and in the inguinal lymph node area (groin) where tight fitting underwear could cause a problem over time.
It’s fine to wear something tight from time to time, but avoid being excessive and keep the bra off as much as possible.
Another method of “pumping” lymph properly comes from deep breathing. Since our bodies have 3x more lymph fluid than blood, this exercise becomes increasingly important in order to get the toxins into the blood so they can be detoxified by your liver and kidneys.
So breathe deeply, and exhale smoothly to facilitate this process.
Foods that promote lymph flow
Eating a clean, nutrient rich, and mostly raw food diet rooted in produce is the first step to promoting healthy lymph flow. Some particularly cleansing foods for the lymphatic system include:
- Dark leafy greens
- Low sugar fruits
- Ground flax seed
- Brazil nuts
These types of foods will help provide the necessary vitamins, minerals, EFA’s, and enzymes to cleanse your lymphatic system more efficiently.
Avoid foods, personal care products, and environments that cause lymph stagnation
Half the battle of cleansing your system is providing it with enough power to do so, and that can’t be accomplished if you keep polluting your body with a variety of toxins.
This means avoiding conventional personal care products loaded with parabens, petroleum, and phthalates, and staying out of heavily polluted areas by opting for more oxygen rich environments.
In addition to that, avoiding the following foods are critical to improving your lymphatic health:
- Artificial sweeteners
- Conventional dairy
- Conventionally raised meat
- Refined grains
- Processed foods
- Preservatives and additives (MSG, colours, etc)
- Table salt
- Baked goods
Avoid these 10 food fiends:
- High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS)– Found in nearly all processed food ingredients, it is mostly consumed through fruit juices, sodas, and sweet snacks. Its been referred to as poison that causes obesity and liver damage. It is completely unnatural, goes through a terrible process that leaves it riddled with heavy metals, and spikes sugar levels out of control.
- MSG(Monosodium Glutamate)– Commonly disguised and used as a “flavor enhancer” in a wide variety of foods, it is commonly referred to or hidden in autolyzed yeast, yeast extract, hydrolyzed vegetable protein, hydrolyzed protein, smoke flavor, spices, and a number of other ingredients. It is a neuro-toxin and should be avoided at all costs.
- Aspartame (Artificial Sweeteners)– Made famous in diet sodas, this chemical sweetener is so deadly it should be considered poison. When broken down it has been said to turn into other “ingredients” such as formaldehyde and wood alcohol. Any sweetener that claims it is calorie free, aside from stevia, should never touch the human tongue. Commonly found in fat free product ingredients. Other artificial sweeteners include sucralose, Splenda, Sweet N’ Low, and AminoSweet.
- Hydrogenated Oils (Trans Fats)– Found in a variety of snack foods and prepared foods, this ingredient comes to pass through extensive processing until it becomes 1 molecule removed from plastic (think margarine). It is extremely damaging to your cardiovascular system and needs to be cut out completely. Often found in cracker and cookie ingredients.
- Soy Protein Isolate– Found in everything from protein bars to protein shakes, this highly undigestible, hormone disrupting, and GM (genetically modified) food is a nightmare and soy should only ever be considered in an organic, non-GMO, and fermented state.
- Sodium Nitrite– Most often found in deli meats and hot dogs, this preservative and coloring agent is carcinogenic and a deadly toxin. Watch for it primarily in pork product ingredients.
- White processed sugar– The one ingredient that plagues society. It is the best form of food for cancer, and wreaks havoc with blood sugar levels and candida sufferers, which leads to a wide variety of ailments.
- Enriched flour– Ironically, enriched flour really means its been stripped of all nutrients and a couple have been added back in to “enrich” it. It has a similar effect to white processed sugar in the body, with the added complication of gluten. A mainstay in the ingredients of breads and cereals.
- GM (Genetically Modified) Foods– GMO’s are NOT listed in food ingredients (due to recent successful lobbying by those companies who use them and did not want them labelled for consumers), but if you see corn, soy, or canola that are NOT listed as organic and non-GMO in the ingredients or on the package, they are GMO. This results in more adverse health effects, many of which are not yet fully known. Find out more here.
- Maltodextrin– Rates highest on the glycemic scale out of all the sugars at 150 (HFCS is 87 in comparison). It’s often used as a “filler” ingredient in many products, and can be found in nearly everything from soups to seasoning ingredients.
There are many other ingredients that could have made this top 10, but these are some of the most common. Read your labels, avoid these at all costs, and stop the aging and disease process.
Take herbs that stimulate lymph flow
Herbs are great natural stimulators, and when used appropriately can be very useful for kickstarting various areas of the body. Your lymphatic system is no different.
Some great herbs to consider for teas, juices, and more include:
- Wild indigo root
- Red clover
As with most chronic conditions, a multi-faceted approach is often the only way to do a proper clean up of any system, and that goes for the lymphatic system as well. So be sure to layer in all of these factors for a much more comprehensive cleanse, and enjoy the improved health that comes with rejuvenating a clogged lymphatic system
Love and Light
The Healing Oracle Team
Please join our growing numbers on MeWe: Healing Oracle
Also join us on Twitter | YouTube
Please sign our global petition against enforced vaccinations The intention of this petition is to present 5 million signatures to each President, Prime Minister, Health Minister and heads of state worldwide.
Vaccines are a global problem and need to be tackled on a global level.
If we stand as one, we have a chance of saving the children of the future.