Rich, creamy Pumpkin Pie. Made with dates, almond butter and warm spices, this healthy update tastes better than the original.
For anyone suffering an immune disorder like cancer, autism, arthritis, dementia, or any other condition that is a sign of a damaged immune system, help is at hand and the good news is that food is indeed a medicine you can prepare at home.
Prep Time: 40 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Chill Time: 6 hrs
Total Time: 7 hrs
For the Crust:
- 2 cups of Organic Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons of nut butter butter — melted and cooled to room temperature
For the Pumpkin Pie Filling:
- 3 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 10 medjool dates — pitted
- 1 1/4 cups homemade pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon creamy unsalted almond butter
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger — slightly heaped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon raw honey
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Prepare the crust: Place a rack in the center of your oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Generously coat a 9-inch pie plate with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, stir together the almond flour and salt.
- Pour in the melted butter. With a fork, stir until evenly moistened and combined. The mixture will seem dry and crumbly. As you mix, use the back of your fork to smash the moist parts into the dry parts and vice versa, continuing until all of the almond flour is as evenly moistened as possible and there are no more completely dry bits remaining.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared dish and with your fingers, press it along the bottom and up the sides into an even layer.
- If you’d like to flute the edges, build the crust up into an even, un-fluted “mound” that circles the dish first, then use your thumb and fingers to crimp as desired. (You can also leave it un-fluted or crimp with the tines of a fork.) With a fork, prick holes all over the bottom.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and shield the edges with foil or a pie crust shield.
- Return to the oven and bake for 8 to 10 additional minutes, until light golden brown. Then let it cool.
- While the crust cools, prepare the filling: Melt the coconut oil in a small microwave-safe bowl, or a small saucepan. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Place the dates in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade and process until they turn into a sticky ball. Add the melted coconut oil, pumpkin, almond butter, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, vanilla extract, honey, and salt. Puree until smooth. This will take several minutes, and you may need to stop and scrape down the food processor a few times. You should have just a few small specks of dates remaining.
- Scrape the filling into the crust and smooth the top.
- Place in the refrigerator and let chill for at least 6 hours or overnight. Slice and serve!
Love and Light
The Healing Oracle Team
Please join our Facebook group The Healing Oracle for more open and unrestricted views and discussions on health.
Also join our growing numbers on MeWe: Healing Oracle
Also join us on Twitter | YouTube
Please sign our global petition against enforced vaccinations The intention of this petition is to present 5 million signatures to each President, Prime Minister, Health Minister and heads of state worldwide.
Vaccines are a global problem and need to be tackled on a global level.
If we stand as one, we have a chance of saving the children of the future.
Keep Us Advertising Free
Healing Oracle is made possible by the support of its readers. If you find the posts and resources useful, please consider making a contribution to support us (in any amount) so we can continue to inform and assist people around the world. We feel that giving a voice to those who have transformed their health, or that of a loved one, with alternative treatment is an important mission. Thank you for valuing our work and helping it to continue.
Donate. Should you choose to kindly donate towards our time and efforts, please use the ‘donations’ box above on the top right hand side (on Desktop), or the donations box below (on Mobile)