The Rectal administration of cannabis has many advantages
We have listed the many medical properties of Cannabis oil, for it’s well researched and becoming far more accepted knowledge that medical marijuana has many healing properties.
Here we address the delicate subject of how to administer medical marijuana rectally, for the best results.
Better than oral application
In addition to being a viable option for patients who can’t ingest cannabis, the advantages to applying it rectally, rather than orally are:
- It starts to work quicker, at around 10–15 minutes, compared to orally where it might not be felt for 30–90 minutes, as it has to travel through the intestine and liver
- It lasts for a longer period of time (4 to 8 hours)
- It’s 50-70 percent more efficient, whilst digesting cannabis oil by mouth is only around 20 percent efficient and therefore has a “superior bio-availability”
You will feel less of the THC effect than by mouth, which will have a greater impact on your day and improve your quality of life.
Who Should Use Cannabis Rectally?
- Chemotherapy patients who experience severe nausea and can’t keep oral cannabis down
- Elderly patients and babies who find it harder to swallow
- Surgery patients who are not allowed to ingest anything immediately before or after a procedure
- Patients in severe distress who can’t wait for oral cannabis to take effect
- Beginners with a low tolerance to cannabis and are maybe taking it for the first time, as the high is lower
- There are also some people who just have sensitive stomachs that are irritated by ingesting cannabis
- People with severe pain, as cannabis is also a great natural pain relief
- We have found that the anal application is much preferred for all
For cancer and other life threatening conditions (other ailments may require lower doses) it is recommended (for adults) to start with 1ml a day – 0.5ml in the morning and 0.5ml in the evening.
Increase the amount of cannabis oil every 3-4 days as your body adapts to it. The recommended amount is 2ml/cc a day – 1ml/cc in the morning and 1ml/cc in the evening before sleep.
Instructions for rectal application
- Wash your hands thoroughly, and make sure your nails are trimmed
- It is recommended that you use medical gloves
- Place the excess oil in a small cup (egg cup)
- From the small cup, then draw in the correct amount of oil into a 1ml insulin syringe (the thinner the better)
- Lubricate the exterior part of the syringe and sphincter muscle with coconut oil
- Lie on your side and pull your upper leg towards your chest
- Slide the lubricated syringe no more than 1½ inches into your inner sphincter, to prevent leaking
- Insert the oil slowly and then slowly remove and dispose of syringe once empty
Continue lying on your side and hold your buttocks together and squeeze your sphincter muscles tightly for a few seconds
- Stay lying on your side for at least a few minutes
- When you feel ready get up
- For hygiene purposes make sure you discard the syringe and do not use it again
- Dispose of the gloves and wash your hands thoroughly
- Be aware, there’s a small risk of some leaking for the next 30 minutes, so plan your activities accordingly. Try not to break wind 15 minutes after taking the oil, as this will also cause leakage
- Store the oil in a cupboard (do not refrigerate)
Psychotropic Side effects
Some people may experience psychotropic side effects when using cannabis oil that has a high THC component. The THC has many advantages, but initial reactions can vary and this includes administering it rectally. There are 3 likely explanations:
1. They may be starting off at a higher amount of THC than the body can handle, adults should not start at a higher than 0.5ml/gm dose in one application. Over time the bodies tolerance to THC will increase and as such you can increase the dosage (as stated above).
- They have inserted it too far.
For most adult anatomy about one inch in is ideal. The reason being is that there are 2 separate blood circulation subsystems in the anal and rectal anatomy.
Go in too deep and the oil will be absorbed in the rectal venous circulatory supply which actually sends blood back through the liver.
The liver processes THC and related cannabis components in ways that will significantly accentuate the psychotropic effects.
Whereas going only one inch in means that oil is absorbed by the mucous membrane of the anal tissue which is serviced by a different venous circulatory system that does not route back through the liver and the resulting psychotropic effects are not increased.
The bottom line (no pun intended) is do not insert the syringe too far.
3 More than is needed
The person may be simply taking more than is needed for the healing process alone. So they are getting too much THC no matter how it is administered and hence the psychotropic effect (all be it is less than any other way of administering the oil).
So just check you are taking the right amounts. Up to 2ml a day is recommended for Cancer and serious illness (as stated above).
For most health conditions (with exception of advanced stage cancers) a single administration in a 24-hour period is sufficient and appropriate. So, for those wishing to avoid any psychotropic effects, administer it at bedtime, just before sleep. That way you minimise the psychotropic effect and get the peak or high during sleep when it is less noticeable.
What Should You Expect from Cannabis Anal application?
You will likely feel a warm, relaxing sensation wash over your body starting from the pelvic region. You may feel pain relief almost immediately, without anxiety or a “head high”.
If you have problems with the syringe, please also see that there are Syringes available that come with a colon tube and so you may also find this useful.
Another option is to fill empty capsules with oil and insert them using a sterile Rectal suppository applicator.
We recommend Organic Full spectrum oil
The best blend derives from cannabis plants that have had the full spectrum of natural light (NOT grown under artificial lights) and is shade dried, as you lose less of the medicinal effects, from plants that have been grown organically and not cultivated using ANY chemicals and pesticides.
The best balance being: 35% THC, 35% CBD and 30%
Where to purchase quality oil
We have trusted suppliers and distribution agents worldwide we are therefore now able to offer medical grade RSO/ full spectrum organic cannabis oil.
International Price List
- USA 30USD per ml/gram/cc
- UK 30GBP per ml/cc
- Europe 30 Euros per ml
- Worldwide 50 Euros
For further details, please email email@example.com
Love and light
Amanda Mary Jewell and The Healing Oracle team
Join me on Facebook Amanda Mary