Easy Soap Recipes for Beginning Soap Makers
Basic Melt and Pour Soap
1. You can melt the base in a double boiler or the microwave. If you choose the microwave, make sure you cover the bowl you are melting the melt and pour (MP) with Saran Wrap to keep the excess moisture from evaporating out. Simply melt the base on high for one minute and stir the remaining, unmelted pieces in.
If you use a double-boiler, simply bring the water to boil, add your melt and pour, cover, turn the heat on low and walk away. Check on the base periodically to see it it’s melted.
Add fragrance oil
2. If you add fragrance oil, add it after the base is fully melted. Stir until the fragrance is fully incorporated and the base doesn’t look “cloudy.” Start with .25 ounce per pound of base and work up or down from there. You can also use essential oils.
3. If you wish to add colorant, add the color when the base is melting. Just throw in 1/8 teaspoon to 1/4 teaspoon mica with the melting base and stir it in really well. Spray any “mica bubbles” that form on the top with rubbing alcohol. To use food coloring, simply put in 1 drop at a time to your melted base and color to preference. Too much can stain hands and towels, so be careful!
4. Pour into your soap mold – and spray the top with rubbing alcohol to get rid of any excess bubbles.
5. Use and enjoy once the soap is hard – which takes a few hours.
Oatmeal Melt and Pour Soap Recipe:
Ingredients & Tools
8 oz White Clear Melt & Pour Base
1/2 oz Oatmeal, Milk and Honey Fragrance Oil
1/2 oz Oatmeal (not instant)
2 scoops of Honeyed Beige Mica
Milk and Honey Mold
ONE: Melt 8 ounces of White Melt and Pour Base and 8 ounces of Clear Melt and Pour Base in the microwave on 30-second bursts until fully melted.
TWO: Add in 2 heaping mini scoops of Honeyed Beige Mica.
THREE: Grind up the 1/2 oz of Oatmeal in a coffee grinder for about 5 seconds for a smoother and lighter exfoliation. Remember, the smaller the particle, the easier it will be to suspend in the soap.
FOUR: Add in 1/2 ounce of Oatmeal, Milk and Honey Fragrance Oil.
FIVE: Add the oatmeal and stir, wait 20-30 seconds. If the oatmeal is sinking to the bottom of your bowl then your base is not thick enough to support the email. Wait a few minutes for the base to cool and become thick enough to suspend the oatmeal.
SIX: Pour your soap into milk and honey mold.
SEVEN: Spritz your finished soaps with rubbing alcohol to break up any bubbles that might appear on the top of the soap. Wait 2-3 hours top pop the soap our of the molds and you’re done!
Love and Light
The Healing Oracle Team
Please join our growing numbers on MeWe: Healing Oracle
Also join us on Twitter | YouTube
Please sign our global petition against enforced vaccinations The intention of this petition is to present 5 million signatures to each President, Prime Minister, Health Minister and heads of state worldwide.
Vaccines are a global problem and need to be tackled on a global level.
If we stand as one, we have a chance of saving the children of the future.
Keep Us Advertising Free
Healing Oracle is made possible by the support of its readers. If you find the posts and resources useful, please consider making a contribution to support us (in any amount) so we can continue to inform and assist people around the world. We feel that giving a voice to those who have transformed their health, or that of a loved one, with alternative treatment is an important mission. Thank you for valuing our work and helping it to continue.
Donate. Should you choose to kindly donate towards our time and efforts, please use the ‘donations’ box above on the top right hand side (on Desktop), or the donations box below (on Mobile)