Rosehips are popular wild sources of vitamin C, have numerous herbal benefits, and they have a really nice flavor.
- 3 cups fresh rosehips, with the stems and ends removed
- 3/4 cup raw, local honey or sugar– brown sugar or sucanat would be nice
- Some kind of culture– you can use sauerkraut juice or whey from strained yogurt– you only need a tablespoon or two
- A demijohn, an airlock, a funnel and swing-top bottles.
1. Put the rosehips into a pot, and add 8 cups of water. Bring to a simmer.
2. Simmer for about 30 minutes over low heat, then cool. I have left mine overnight before, but you don’t need to.
3. Strain out the rosehips.
4. Add the honey or sugar and stir until dissolved. (You can also just save this as rosehip syrup! This is a nice way to make another batch later– you can freeze, then dilute when you want to make another batch, quickly. Dilute the syrup with water to get a good juice flavor and consistency.)
5. Pour the “juice” into a sterilized or very clean demijohn, pour in your whey or sauerkraut juice and add your airlock. (I have a small swing-top container that I used for making a smaller batch than usual. An airlock fits in the top. Some people have had success with putting a balloon over the top of the demijohn with a pin hole in the top to mimic an airlock. Worth a try in a pinch!)
6. Let it sit for about three days, and taste it. Mine fermented pretty quickly, but there are some variables– the temperature of the room, the strength of the culture you used, etc. Taste it and let it ferment until it’s only a little sweeter than you would like it to be.
7. Pour it into your swing-top bottles, and store in the fridge. (The type of bottle is important, as they allow the ferment to give off some small amounts of Co2 and won’t explode.) You could leave them out at room temperature if you’d like to drink them sooner, but I usually pop them into the fridge to slow down the fermentation process.
8. You will want to drink them within a few weeks, or risk losing most of your Rosehip Soda to the “geyser effect.” If you’re storing it for a while, I’d just check in now and then to see what kind of pressure is building up. Your beverage will get drier, more tart and fizzier the longer you wait. It will eventually develop more of alcohol content, too, so you might want to taste it before giving it to your kids if you’ve been storing it for a while! Enjoy!
Please feel free to visit our facebook page and remember to click like to receive up-dates http://www.facebook.com/MotherNatureAndYou
Love and Light
The Healing Oracle
Article Posted By: Amanda-Mary
Please join MD Fermín Celma Simón’s Facebook group for more open and unrestricted views and discussions on health:
The Naked Doctor reveals all. The white coat is off
Join our growing numbers on MeWe: Healing Oracle
See the latest stories and news about GcMAF on our GcMAF Group
Also join us on Twitter | YouTube
Please sign our global petition against enforced vaccinations The intention of this petition is to present 5 million signatures to each President, Prime Minister, Health Minister and heads of state worldwide.
Vaccines are a global problem and need to be tackled on a global level.
If we stand as one, we have a chance of saving the children of the future.
Keep Us Advertising Free
Healing Oracle is made possible by the support of its readers. If you find the posts and resources useful, please consider making a contribution to support us (in any amount) so we can continue to inform and assist people around the world. We feel that giving a voice to those who have transformed their health, or that of a loved one, with alternative treatment is an important mission. Thank you for valuing our work and helping it to continue.
Donate. Should you choose to kindly donate towards our time and efforts, please use the ‘donations’ box above on the top right hand side (on Desktop), or the donations box below (on Mobile)